Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 11 August 2023. Luke starts the show sharing some recent good advice experiences. There’s a lot of misinformation out there and people often don’t know about the decisions they can make to achieve their goals sooner. The topic this week for the show is: How much money can I take when starting a pension from super? It’s an important one for pre-retirees who need to replace their work income with an income stream from their super.
Key topics covered include:
- Spend some time planning your retirement.
- What is a pension from super?
- How often can you receive a pension payment?
- Do I have to leave work to start a pension?
- What’s the transition to retirement pension option?
- How much money can I take when starting a pension from super?
- Your pension payments are tax free if you’re over 60!
- If you pass there’s tax payable to non-dependents if you leave money to them.
- Can you go back to work after you retire and will you still be eligible for super?
- Finally, Luke shares his top tips when starting a pension from your super.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to map out your retirement plan?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Smart Money Strategy is out now.