Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 4 August 2023. Luke this week is joined by Sara Mason-Jones, a highly experienced solicitor with expertise in residential and commercial conveyancing and commercial leasing at Trinity Law. The topic this week for the show is: What is conveyancing and why is it important?
Key topics covered include:
- What is conveyancing and what are you looking for when undertaking it?
- When should you start seeking the services of a solicitor in the property buying process?
- Can you get a contract before you bid at an auction?
- Can you negotiate a contract if you’re not going through an auction?
- What do key terms mean: ‘Exchange’ and ‘Settlement’?
- How does stamp duty work?
- How does settlement occur between the buyer, seller, solicitor and bank?
- Finally, Sara shares her top 3 tips when thinking about conveyancing and buying a property.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to map out your own financial plan?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super, retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation. If you’d like to talk to Sara at Trinity Law to talk about Residential or Commercial Property Conveyancing, Luke and his team will be able to refer you to her at no cost. You can also contact Sara directly on 6163 5050 or by clicking here.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Smart Money Strategy is out now.