If you’re retiring like most people, you’ll want an income from your super.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 6 August 2021. We hope you’re keeping well and staying safe. This week’s topic: How do I start a pension from my superfund once I retire?
Key highlights include:
- A pension provides you with tax free income for retirement from your super
- What are the rules around starting a pension?
- A superfund pension is not the same as an aged pension
- Depending on your fund, you can have your pension payments fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annually
- How much pension do you need to take? Are there special covid time rules?
- Can you take out a lump sum to pay off home or buy a boat?
- Can you work part time and get a income from a pension as well?
- What are the key things to think about before starting a pension?
- Luke shares his top tips to think about starting a pension from super
- And remember start with your goals in mind!
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around starting a pension?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. The legislation and retirement planning can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.