When interest rates are low, what can you do?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 30 July 2021. We hope you’ve had a great week and a shout out to our followers in NSW and QLD who are in covid lockdown. We hope you’re keeping well and staying safe. This week’s topic: How do you generate income from cash?
Key highlights include:
- Low interest rates mean it’s harder to get a good return on your cash
- The outlook is that this is unlikely to change in the short term
- What does fixed interest mean? It doesn’t just mean term deposit…
- What else does fixed interest as a category include?
- Remember, all investments come with both a risk and a return
- 0.5% return on cash, means many people are looking at different options for generating income, including taking on more risk
- Low risk property funds, bonds, shares and ETFs might also be other options
- Practical things to consider when buying a fixed interest assets
- Don’t forget about withdrawal options too – just incase you need to access your money
- Luke share’s his key tips for thinking about fixed interest as part of your portfolio
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around fixed interest?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. The legislation and investment types can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.