Chris Levy joins Luke on 2CC
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 23 July 2021. Luke is joined this week by Chris Levy of Aquila Super, a SMSF Specialist Accountant. This week’s topic: SMSF, tax time and more. Chris and Luke offer their tips and tricks for making the most of your Self Managed Super Fund.
Key highlights include:
- What can you put in a SMSF?
- With great flexibility, comes a great number of rules you need to follow
- The ATO does check to make sure you’re meeting the rules and obligations
- Tax efficiency is a big part of an SMSF too, making the most of deductions and franking credits at tax time – SMSFs require a tax return and audit
- Changing ATO rules mean your SMSF tax return cannot be completed by the same company that does your SMSF audit
- Don’t be afraid to ask your accountant what they’re doing on this front
- Where are the opportunities for SMSF trustees right now?
- Who can use an SMSF?
- There are very strict rules around the kinds of assets you have in your SMSF and what you do with them
- There’s some good opportunities for self employed people, but talk to your account before you make decisions
- What can a specialist SMSF Accountant do for you?
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your SMSF or SMSF’s tax return?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you achieve your personal financial goals and can also work with an Accountant to meet them. Luke is also happy to refer you at no cost to Chris Levy for SMSF accounting tax time assistance. You can call Chris on 02 6230 4663 or visit aquilasuper.com to have a discussion and make an appointment.
To make an appointment with Envision to confidentially discuss Super, SMSF, investment, insurance or retirement, call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.