Are you thinking about retiring from work?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 8 November 2019.
As we approach the end of a year or financial year, the calendar prompts many people to think about their own retirement plans. In this podcast, Luke explores how to turn your superannuation into a retirement income stream and explores some of the important issues to consider before you decide to leave your job.
Key highlights include:
- When it comes to life after work, there’s no such thing as a dumb question.
- What’s the difference between a transition to retirement pension an account-based pension?
- Will you continue to work part-time or will you retire fully and cease employment?
- How often can you draw pension payments from either your transition to retirement or account based pension?
- An account based pension are very tax effective – but have you thought about your tax position with other assets?
- Also think about the relationship between partners to maximise your tax-free limits under the transfer balance cap.
- Why is seeking retirement advice before you leave work important?
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information, videos and calculators at no cost. Checkout our online calculators too.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice on your retirement plans?
If would like to talk about setting some financial strategies to achieve your goals, including your retirement goals and planning, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial can also work with your estate planning solicitor or refer you to one if you don’t have one.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.