How does the downsizing legislation create a super opportunity?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 1 November 2019.
Spring and summer are popular times to sell homes, especially by those seeking to downsize to something smaller. In this podcast, Luke explores how the downsizing legislation can help fund your retirement through superannuation.
Key highlights include:
- What is the downsizing legislation and why was it created?
- How does it work with a practical example?
- Is this a once off opportunity?
- How much can you contribute through this strategy?
- What should people consider before using the downsizing strategy?
- Are there Centrelink implications to this strategy?
- Is there paperwork I need to complete?
- Why is seeking advice before you implement a downsizing strategy important?
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information, videos and calculators at no cost. Checkout our online calculators too.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need help with your own downsizing strategy?
If would like to talk about setting some financial strategies to achieve your goals, perhaps even a downsizing strategy, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial can also work with your estate planning solicitor or refer you to one if you don’t have one.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.