How much will you need in retirement?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM with Richard Perno.
The Money Show aired on Friday 10 May 2019.
Luke reviews the question he most gets asked at as a financial planner at Envision Financial – “How much income do I need in retirement?” With a large percentage of the population approaching life after work, it’s a hot topic right now as people consider their superannuation and retirement planning options.
Key highlights include:
- How much money will you need? (How to work it out)
- Superannuation isn’t likely to be enough if you haven’t been making additional contributions.
- Expenses in retirement are different to when you’re working.
- The factors that a financial planner will consider when helping you plan for your retirement – it’s not just Centrelink.
- Why risk matters and how it impacts your investments and income needs.
- Why eating into your capital is a problem.
- Luke also talks about a number of financial planning strategies to help you get ahead with your planning and it starts with budgeting and starting sooner!
- And finally, an offer to trail the Envision Knowledge Centre at no cost. Click here to take up our free offer.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need retirement planning advice?
If you need financial advice or would like to talk about your superannuation and retirement plans, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.