What’s in the Federal Budget 2019?
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 5 April 2019.
Luke and Richard caught up on the Federal Budget. With an election around the corner, all eyes were on Canberra this week to see what’s on offer. Of course it’s likely we’ll see an election before any of the proposals offered from either side of politics will be implemented. They start the conversation about Luke’s recent mountain bike accident that landed him in hospital.
Key highlights include:
- Both sides made promises, but we’ve got an election just around the corner
- The ongoing franking credit discussion and how that impacts those already retired
- Increasing the age limit that’s on super contributions
- Concessional contributions catch up legislation – this is law now so make the most of it!
- A drop in tax rates in 2024 – it’s a long way off
- Spouse super contributions age limit increasing
- Increases to age care funding
- Once off payments for electricity bill payments
- Keep in mind that the budget announcements aren’t law yet so work with the options you have right now and seek financial advice
- An offer to trail the Envision Knowledge Centre at no cost. Click here to take up our free offer.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need personal financial planning advice?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.