There’s more to fixed interest than bank term deposits
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 29 March 2019.
Luke and Richard caught up on the topic of fixed interest. Within a low interest rate environment, fixed interest might not provide the returns that you’d like to achieve. It’s important to realise though that not all fixed interest offers are the same and it pays to take a closer look.
Topics covered include:
- What is fixed interest – it’s more than a term deposit
- The length of the term
- Risk and return, like all investments it applies here too
- Where you can invest – domestic and international fixed interest and the vehicles available
- Don’t forget about the costs of investing in fixed interest too, costs still matter
- Understand what you’re investing in, the term and how quickly you access your funds if you need to
- An offer to trail the Envision Knowledge Centre at no cost. Click here to take up our free offer.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need personal financial advice?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra