End of financial year planning – get in before June 30
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 22 March 2019.
Luke and Richard caught up on the topic of end of financial year. Although it’s still a few months away now is the time to plan and take action in regard to concessional superannuation contributions. Concessional superannuation contributions are ones which someone (either your employer or yourself) claim a tax deduction for. If you want to claim a tax deduction for this financial year there’s a few important things to consider.
Topics covered include:
- What is a concessional superannuation contribution?
- The limit on the amount of contributions you can claim a tax deduction for, which is made up of your employers contribution too.
- Why Government employees in closed super schemes should check their super websites to see their contribution limits – defined super has different rules.
- The ways to make a personal concessional contribution to your super and making sure you complete the tax office paperwork to claim a tax deduction.
- The benefit of saving to an offset account linked to your mortgage and using that money for a super contribution and tax deduction.
- Think about additional strategy stacks too such as spouse contributions and contribution splitting with your spouse.
- Additional opportunities for people over 65 with super or those with account-based pensions to make their super as tax free as possible.
- Opportunities for the self employed and contractors to use concessional contributions too.
- An offer to trail the Envision Knowledge Centre at no cost. Click here to take up our free offer.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on:
Do you need personal advice on your 30 June options?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra