Key risks to consider when planning your retirement
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 15 March 2019.
Luke and Richard caught up on the topic of retirement planning. It’s something our attention to turns to as we get older and it’s important to plan. Planning helps you achieve more certain outcomes once you stop work and turn your super into an income stream. Richard and Luke start the conversation with a look at the outcomes of The Royal Commission and why some outcomes may reduce competition for advice providers and push people back to the banks. Is that what we really want? No options other than a bank?
Topics covered include:
- Risks around retirement including: Market volatility, retirement timing, risk & asset allocation, structures, legislation changes, inflation and adult children.
- The benefits of starting sooner – with more time on your side you have more options!
- Setting realistic expectations about retirement – what sort of retirement do you want with the resources you have?
- The importance of understanding your risk profile and asset allocation. A 1-2% return on your term deposits might not be enough to fund your retirement income you need.
- How income protection insurance can protect adult children and your retirement savings.
- Why considering the costs of your retirement investments is also important.
- An offer to trail the Envision Knowledge Centre at no cost. Click here to take up our free offer.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on:
Are you ready to start your retirement planning? Can you afford to retire from work? We’re here to help.
If you need financial advice about your retirement options, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.