Would you like to work less in 2022 and top up your income from your super?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 29 October 2021. Lockdown eases in the ACT and this week Luke rejoins Leon in the Studio. This week’s topic: How to use a transition to retirement pension to work less in 2022. If you’re approaching retirement, did you know you can access some of your super while you’re still working?
Key topics include:
- What is a transition to retirement pension and why is topical right now?
- Would you like to work part time and take some money from super?
- When would you use a transition to retirement pension?
- How does Luke define retirement?
- Is it easier to work part time rather than save a bundle before you fully retire?
- How can you use a transition to pension to pay off debt?
- What requirements do you need to meet to access a transition to retirement pension
- What’s the minimum and maximum amounts you can take as a pension?
- You can take your pension in a period that suits you – fortnightly, monthly, or annually.
- Can you use pension payments to make deductible contributions back into your super?
- Luke shares his top tips for starting a transition to retirement pension.
Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your transition to retirement?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals.
Make an appointment to confidentially explore what you’d like to achieve with your own personal financial plan or retirement plan, including transition to retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.