Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 14 October 2022. Leon returns to the studio this week, after having a week off. This week’s topic for discussion is: Market volatility. We’ve seen a bit of volatility in markets recently, how should smart investors react to it?
Key topics covered include:
- During market volatility, how can you think about it to make more sense of it?
- For individuals it’s your risk profile that should guide you on how to invest. Do you know your risk profile?
- Your emotional reaction in times of market volatility is a good indicator of what your risk profile might be
- Knowing your underlying investments are sound in times of volatility can provide peace of mind
- Rising interest rates – term deposits are likely to go up to, as interest rates are still likely to rise into the near future
- Also think about Capital Gains Tax. Sell and buy to offset future gains
- Think about dollar cost averaging into new investments
- Finally, Luke shares his top tips around investments, rising interest rates and market volatility
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need investment advice?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and/or retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again and sharing more news about the book that’s coming in 2023!