Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 7 October 2022. Leon’s on holiday this week, but Luke is joined by a guest host. This week’s topic for discussion is: How do I generate income from my investment portfolio?
Key topics covered include:
- Different assets have different sets of performance expectations within a portfolio
- Asset allocation is what we call the mix your different assets within a portfolio
- Asset allocations fall into two categories – growth assets and income assets
- How much income do you need? Your income needs will change in retirement too!
- What kind of income can you expect to earn from shares? How does it differ between Australian and overseas shares?
- What kind of income can you expect to earn from property?
- What is infrastructure and how does it generate income?
- What do fixed income and cash generate as income?
- What should people keep in mind when trying to generate income in your portfolio?
- What is the benefit of franking credits in generating income?
- Luke shares his top tips around investments and generating income.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial advice to generate income?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and/or retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again and sharing more news about the book that’s coming in 2023!