Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 30 September 2022. They start the show by talking about the Queensland Government’s decision to drop it’s tax grab for people who own property in Queensland but don’t live their full time. This week’s topic for discussion is: Are my dividends tied directly to the value of the shares that I own?
Key topics covered include:
- There’s lots for volatility in the market right now
- Income for you through a share dividends is the result of company earnings and profits.
- The share price however is the result of sentiment
- Why is it important to understand the difference?
- Why diversification remains important
- Making sure your invested according to your risk profile is also important
- What are franking credits and why are they important?
- Luke shares his top tips around investments, dividends and market volatility
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial planning or investment advice?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and/or retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again and sharing more news about the book that’s coming in 2023!