Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 27 October 2023. The show today looks at sorting out the facts from the fiction when it comes to retirement: What happens to my super when I retire? In recent weeks Luke has been seeing some wrong and sometimes disadvantageous information around reaching retirement. This show seeks to provide some sound information so pre-retirees can better assess their own options.
Key topics covered include:
- When can you take money from your super?
- When you retire, do you have take money from super or start a pension straight away? No!
- Can I take a lump sum from my super?
- It’s really important you have an idea about how much you need – do you know what you need to live on in retirement?
- Can I start a pension from my super and how often can I get pension payments?
- Is there a minimum amount of pension I need to take?
- Can I still take a lump sum from a pension if I’m taking a pension?
- Do you need to be a more conservative investor in retirement?
- Are pension earnings and income tax free, including capital gains tax free?
- Luke shares his top tips around planning for retirement
- Remember seek advice if you need help. Super can be complex when you don’t deal with it every day.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you know what your retirement plan looks like?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Luke’s book Smart Money Strategy is out now.