Have you thought about investment structures as part of your decision making?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 21 May 2021. This week’s topic: Which structures should you use when it comes to your investments?
This question might not be a question for you’ve thought about. If you have money to save and invest, then it might be worth your while thinking about which investment structure you use.
In this episode Luke provides his insights and tips into the factors you might think about.
Key highlights include:
- Where you hold something is something you need to consider
- I buy it in my own name or in the name of myself and my partner are not the only options
- Don’t just think about the buying – think long term about the selling too – you may get a better outcome with a different structure
- An example of a structure is a family trust, Luke gives an example with income, capital gains and estate planning issues
- There are also benefits of a family trust from an asset protection perspective
- Seek advice if you need help to make an informed decision
- A company is also a structure that can be used – it’s different from a family trust, but can be used with a family trust
- Are there costs to setting up family trusts and company structures?
- What should people generally consider when thinking about where to hold assets?
- Does the kind of asset you want to buy impact on the kind of structure you want to use?
- Superannuation is also a kind of investment structure that you can be used
- Luke shares his strategy tips for using investment structures
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around investment structures?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. The decision to invest can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and objectives and structures.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday fortnight. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.