What do people ask financial planners before they retire?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 24 September 2021. Lockdown continues in the ACT, so Luke can’t be in the studio. Luke joined Leon by phone. This week’s topic: Luke shares the top 10 questions he’s asked with answers. Have you every thought about what you’d like to ask a financial planner? This is a great podcast for you.
The top 10 questions include:
- When I retire, do I need to sell my assets?
- Are there some circumstances where I might sell some assets?
- Do I need to be more conservative now that I’m getting older?
- When I retire, does my super finish?
- What are my options, do I just take a lump sum when I retire?
- Starting a pension income stream, do I sell my super assets and start again?
- I can’t put money into super when I retire. Is that really correct?
- Should I have implemented a pre-retirement strategy 5 years ago?
- If I am working I can I have a pension income stream from my super as well as income from my job?
- Can I really split super with my spouse and get it when they retire?
Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around planning your own retirement?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Financial planning and investing can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, retirement planning and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.