What should you look out for in a home loan in an environment of rising interest rates?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 5 August 2022. Another interest rate rise has just occurred and many banks have wasted no time in passing those rate rises onto their customers. This week’s topic: What should you look out for in a home loan?
Key topics covered include:
- Rising interest rates are a concern for many people
- Cash flow is really important
- Are you getting the best home loan rate? Shop around!
- Are you in the right product for your needs? Don’t pay for things you don’t use
- If cash becomes tight, interest only loans are an option
- Offset accounts can be useful to help reduce interest over the long term
- When should interest rates stop rising?
- How do you get a better home loan rate?
- The benefits of a mortgage broker to assist
- Luke shares his top tips around looking at your home loan
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice on financial or home loan matters?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss insurance, investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial Services can also refer you to a mortgage broker should you require assistance to review your home loan.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again.