A balanced fund might not be as balanced as you think
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 2 October 2020 and the topic: Asset allocation and the balanced fund.
Financial Planner Luke Smith encourages listeners to explore the underlying investments of their superannuation or managed investments. What does balanced really mean? Not all ‘balanced funds’ are the same. Seek advice if you need help with your own investment and super planning. They start the show however by talking about the arrival of spring. More sunny days means more time for golf!
Key highlights include:
- How do you measure success? Is it just on the return you get and the fees you pay?
- Do you know how to get to that bottom line including the risk that you will take?
- With the start of Covid-19, we’ve seen more people interested in what they are invested in, given the market volatility
- What a balanced fund means to a financial adviser like Luke
- Some examples of a balanced fund in the market place – some balanced funds have 70% or more growth assets!
- The challenge to take a look more closely at your underlying super assets – How much is defensive? How much is growth? What does it cost?
- The challenge of getting income and growth, in a time where interest rates are low
- How do we change the asset allocation if we don’t like what we find? Seek advice from a financial planner like Envision financial if you need help!
- Luke’s top tips when assessing your asset allocation yourself.
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own super and retirement planning goals. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to create the right asset allocation for your goals?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your investment and retirement goals, which will include consideration of your risk profile and asset allocation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.