Ask the expert, Andrew Snaidero joins Luke on 2CC
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 9 October 2020 and the topic: Should I lease a car or should I borrow and buy a car?
Financial Planner Luke Smith this month is joined by a number of experts he uses to answer financial questions that have a specialist requirement. This week, Luke and Leon at 2CC are joined by Andrew Snaidero of Hardwickes Accountants to answer to explore the differences and issues around leasing a car and taking a loan to buy a car.
Key highlights include:
- What is a novated lease?
- Is there a tax deduction?
- What’s the difference between paying a lease and paying off a loan?
- Does the Federal budget impact the decision?
- How will the car be used – business, private or a mix?
- How much is the minimum residual amount – ‘the balloon payment’ at the end of the lease?
- Why having a time frame is an important part of your decision making
- If offered a pay rise or a car lease through work, which option should you choose?
- What are the key things to keep in mind when making a decision?
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own financial planning goals. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to figure out if you should take a lease or a loan?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial is happy to refer you to Andrew Snaidero of Hardwickes Accountants at no cost. Andrew can provide you with information about which is better for you – the car lease or a car loan. You can call Andrew on 02 6282 5999 to have a discussion and make an appointment. Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your investment and retirement goals.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own investment, super or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.