Ask the expert, Mark Poretti joins Luke on 2CC
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 16 October 2020 and the topic: Issues to be aware of when buying a property.
Financial Planner Luke Smith this month is joined by a number of experts he uses to answer financial questions that have a specialist requirement. This week, Luke and Leon at 2CC are joined by Mark Poretti of Trinity Law to answer and explore the issues around buying a property.
Key highlights include:
- Who (or what legal entity) should buy the property?
- What’s the difference between joint tenants and tenants in common?
- What should you do before you buy a house?
- What expenses do people incur when buying a property?
- If you’re building, do your homework on the builder to ensure they do good work and check they have insurance.
- Think about why you’re buying a property – is it a home or is it an investment?
- What should the contract include?
- Things to consider around the ‘crown lease’ that exists in the ACT
- What is the process to buy a property?
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own financial planning goals. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with a property purchase?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial is happy to refer you to Mark Poretti of Trinity Law at no cost. Mark can provide you with information about buying a property from a legal perspective. You can call Mark on 02 6163 5050 to have a discussion and make an appointment. Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your investment and retirement goals.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own investment, super or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.