Don’t judge your super performance by the investment name
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 2 August 2019.
Asset allocation describes how your super is invested. Typically growth assets include shares and property, while defensive assets include things like cash and fixed interest. In this podcast Luke takes a closer look at what the balanced option means and why you can’t compare super funds by the names of their investment options.
Key highlights include:
- What does a balanced strategy actually mean to a financial planner?
- How does a balanced investment strategy change between super funds?
- Why understanding the name differences matter?
- How does risk play a role in your decision making about asset allocation?
- What factors you might consider in selecting an investment option?
- Cost is also a consideration – but remember cheaper is not always better
- Controlling your income (how you generate your return) is also a consideration.
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information, videos and calculators at no cost. Checkout our online calculators too.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Would you like help to understand your super and investments?
If would like to talk about setting some financial strategies to achieve your investment, superannuation or retirement goals, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.