Rewarding yourself for achieving a goal is an important part of budgeting
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 6 December 2019.
How’s your budgeting going? Can you manage your money better without it being a huge chore? In this podcast, Luke takes a closer look about how we manage money day to day, month to month. Getting your budget right sets you up to take advantage of other financial planning strategies.
Key highlights include:
- Most people think budgeting is a chore but it doesn’t need to be
- Start by looking at your expenses over a month
- Why you shouldn’t peg yourself against what your friends do
- How setting a timeframe can help you start
- Why having goals keeps you focused
- Good budgets help you get what you want and change bad behaviour
- Why setting up separate accounts works
- The importance of rewarding youself
- Tricks and tips – Shopping with cash versus paywave and afterpay, and keeping your receipts on your smart phone or app
- An offer to trial our knowledge centre for free. Click on resources above to start your trial to access budgeting tools and calculators.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple and Google Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice on budgeting and investments?
If would like to talk about setting some financial strategies to achieve your goals, including budgeting and investments make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial can also work with your accountant or mortgage broker or refer you to one if you don’t have one.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.