What should you think about before investing in shares?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 29 November 2019.
When many people thinking about investing, they immediately think about shares. But there’s a lot of misconceptions about share investments. In this podcast, Luke takes a deep dive into shares. There’s more to them than you first think and there might be opportunities depending on your goals and objectives.
Key highlights include:
- It’s a big misconception: All shares risky.
- So why would you buy shares?
- What are you looking to achieve, income or growth or both?
- Do your shares have full or partial franking credits?
- Why it’s essential to look at the sector your buying to understand the characteristics.
- Can you manage risk?
- How can you buy shares – direct, managed funds or exchange traded funds?
- The composition of your share portfolio matters – diversify!
- Franking credits might be worth looking out for in some circumstances too.
- Be mindful of share prices before you buy.
- Is now the right time to buy shares because cash interest rates are low (at the time of this podcast)?
- An offer to trial our knowledge centre for free. Click on resources above to start your trial.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple and Google Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice on shares and investments?
If would like to talk about setting some financial strategies to achieve your goals, including shares and investments make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial can also work with your accountant or mortgage broker or refer you to one if you don’t have one.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.