What should you look for in a good super fund?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 28 June 2019.
If you’ve left your super contribution or tax-time purchase too late, there’s always next financial year to get a tax deduction! The conversation this week focuses on good super funds. What do you look for in a good fund and how do you assess what you have?
Key highlights include:
- Why spend time on exploring your super fund?
- What are the key features you should consider?
- Did you know you may be missing opportunities if you just select the cheapest option?
- Does your fund offer shares and franking credits or ETFs?
- Also consider insurance inside your super, does it meet your needs?
- Have you considered your risk profile in your super?
- Do you know what fees you’re paying and what your ICR is? If you’re paying more than 1% ICR you might have better options.
- The structure of fund might also matter when it also comes to cost.
- Don’t forget tax matters too, there’s super opportunities to be had: Franking credits!
- Super funds can be complicated, seek financial advice if you need to, remember it’s all about your goals!
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information, videos and calculators at no cost.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need super fund advice?
If would like to talk about making sure your own super is on track, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.