How to keep control of the budget this festive season
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 18 December 2020 and the topic: Keeping control of the Christmas Budget.
Financial Planner Luke Smith takes a look at Christmas spending. Christmas has always been a time of year which can place increased pressure on spending. Given covid this year, that pressure is likely to be even greater. But Christmas shouldn’t be about breaking the bank. In this episode, Luke joins Leon to talk about how to be financially smart this festive season.
Key highlights include:
- Where does the pressure to spend come from?
- Are you buying something they want – Why not ask them?
- Limit gift buying to the kids
- Expectations from your kids and the need to manage them, get them to create a list
- How to put in place some good habits when it comes to Christmas spending
- Setting up a savings account for Christmas – plan before you get there for next year
- Avoid personal loans and credit cards, you’ll end up paying more than you need to
- Remember what Christmas is really about – it’s not actually about spending
- Luke’s top 3 tips for spending at Christmas
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own financial planning issues. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice about your spending and savings?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, which can include budgeting, super, investment retirement and more.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own investment, super or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Thank you to everyone who has joined our radio show and podcast this year. Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC and in The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast in January 2021. We hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas and we look forward to joining you again soon.