What is a discretionary family trust and why would you have one?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 17 July 2020 and the topic: Family discretionary trust.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joins 2CC to explore the structure you might of heard about but not know much about – the discretionary family trust. They start the show however by having a quick chat about the footy – Go Canberra! In this episode Luke shares his thoughts around why you might set up one of these trust structures and how they work. And remember, seek advice before you start!
Key highlights include:
- What is a discretionary family trust?
- How does a discretionary family trust work in a practical example?
- Why would you have a discretionary family trust?
- Can income from the trust be re-invested or can it only be distributed?
- Who can participate in a discretionary family trust? Does it need to be just family?
- What are the roles within the discretionary family trust? Who controls it?
- Why a financial planner, accountant and solicitor need to be involved in setting one up.
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning goals and objectives. Everyone has different goals and personal financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively.
- An invitation to participate in our Budget Program starting in October.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like to explore if a discretionary family trust is right for you?
Are there some personal, lifestyle or financial goals you’d like to achieve? Envision Financial can help you set and work towards your own financial goals and help you better manage your financial well-being. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own life goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm for the 101th show. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.