Save aggressively, borrow conservatively…
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 23 November 2018.
Luke and Richard continued the conversation about financial planning and lending.
Topics covered include:
- Fixed or variable loan for your home – what’s the difference?
- Can you have some variable and some fixed?
- The benefits of the right structure of lending and offset accounts.
- Why you shouldn’t accept the first interest rate offer a bank gives you, if you go direct.
- The value of seeking advice from a broker.
- A good budget helps you understand your situation and allows you to think about your ability to repay a loan under different situations.
- Take the time to protect your debt. Two weeks sick leave isn’t enough of a buffer for most people. Income protection insurance to protect your income is generally tax deductible too.
Listen to the Podcast right now
How does lending fit with your financial plan?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 62604749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer. Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.