Buying a home, tips for first home buyers (and their parents)
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 1 March 2019.
Luke and Richard caught up on the topic of home loans. It’s a changed landscape since the royal commission. Banks have lifted their game when loaning money and it’s now harder to get a loan.
Topics covered include:
- What it means to put your best foot forward with a mortgage broker
- Why your first home might not be your dream home
- The danger of over extending your home loan and borrowing too much
- The importance of income protection insurance when paying off a home loan
- Understanding home loan interest rates and what happens if they rise
- The benefits of offset accounts, and the link to super contributions that provide a tax deduction
- An offer to trail the Envision Knowledge Centre at no cost. Click here to take up our free offer.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on:
Do you need advice or perhaps a second opinion?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.