Did you know your Will doesn’t control your superannuation? Do you have a nomination set up?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 17 December 2021. Luke joins Leon in the studio this studio this week for the second last show of the year. This week’s topic: What is a binding nomination on your super and why is it important?
Key topics covered include:
- What is a binding nomination?
- Special issues for divorce
- What a non-binding nomination?
- Do nominations lapse? Some do which means you need to renew them every 3 years
- There are limitations to the people you can nominate
- What happens if there is a no nomination on your super? What happens to it?
- Why doesn’t Luke like non-binding nominations?
- Luke share’s his top tips about what should people consider when making a nomination
- Seek advice to be more confident in your estate planning outcomes
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around superannuation nominations?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, retirement and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.