What are your new financial year resolutions?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 26 June 2020 and the topic: Setting yourself up for the new financial year.
Welcome to the 100th episode of ‘Luke Talks Money’. Where does the time go? Today, Financial Planner Luke Smith joins Leon to explore the topic of setting yourself up for the new financial year. With the end of the financial year just moments away, we hope you’ve sorted your end of financial year super contributions. Leon and Luke however start the show talking about reaching the milestone of 100 episodes! Thanks to everyone who has tuned in.
Key highlights include:
- We make new year resolutions, so why not New Financial Year Resolutions
- Think about your spending and budget
- Set some goals – short term, medium term and long term and reward yourself along the way
- Check your costs and expenses on things like insurance
- Tie your behaviour to an outcome that you want
- Work on the goals with your spouse or family
- Shop with cash so money isn’t invisible and make a list.
- The benefits of using a separate savings account
- Check your interest rates and fees that you’re paying
- Check you have the right structures
- Go to our knowledge centre an use our budget tools, and make the most of the apps available for your phone
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning goals and objectives. Everyone has different goals and personal financial planning advice can help you make the right decision for your needs and situation.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Are you ready to explore your new year financial goals?
Do you have some goals in mind? Envision Financial can help you set and work towards your own financial goals and help you manage your financial life. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial, saving, personal insurance or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm for the 101th show. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.