The PSS benefit you receive is partially determined by what you add
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 29 May 2020 and the topic: PSS Super- The Public Sector Superannuation Scheme.
In today’s topic Financial Planner Luke Smith joins Leon to explore the opportunities many people who work for the Government don’t realise they have with the PSS Scheme. Leon and Luke start the show talking about the Covid-19 re-start of the NRL football season with the Canberra Raiders playing this weekend with the Melbourne Storm. Go Raiders!
(Post game note: Good news, Canberra won 22-6, sorry to the Storm fans listening).
Key highlights include:
- What is the PSS?
- How is your final benefit calculated?
- Do you know why it’s a good fund to be a part of?
- What is the benefit of making a 10% contribution if you can?
- What’s the difference between making a 5% contribution and a 10% contribution?
- Can you have a second superannuation fund to salary sacrifice if you wanted to save more to super?
- Does the PSS take new members? Sadly no!
- How should you take the PSS once you retire? Pension, Lump Sum or Combination?
- Start thinking about your PSS with the end in mind – the sooner you start the better!
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning needs.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like advice about your PSS and retirement plans?
Make an appointment to catch up with Luke over the phone or via video conference. Appointments at the office will also return very shortly!
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost – even over the phone or by video chat. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your PSS and retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.