Start your EOFY tax deduction planning now
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 22 May 2020 and the topic: Tax deduction planning and the end of financial year.
In today’s topic Financial Planner Luke Smith joins Leon to explore the opportunities around planning for the end of financial year. They start the show though with a drum roll, after 8 weeks Luke joins Leon back in the studio. Australia has done better than others to manage Covid-19 and let’s hope the good results continue as we slowly emerge back to pre-covid life.
Key highlights include:
- Working from home during Covid-19? There’s a tax deduction there.
- Personal deductible contributions to boost your super and save tax. Don’t forget about the $25,000 limit and the carry forward credits that you might not have used from last year!
- Pre-paying interest on an investment loan where the interest is tax deductible
- Claiming income protection premiums, where the insurance is held in your name
- Self employed opportunites – The 150k Instant Asset Write Off, this includes second hand good purchases too!
- Pre-retirement strategies – using pension payments to fund personal deductible contributions to boost your super and save tax!
- How do you make the most of your options?
- The 30th June in 2020 falls on a Tuesday, but don’t leave it to the last minute to plan – start now.
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning needs.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Are you ready to take advantage of your financial options?
Make an appointment to catch up with Luke over the phone or via video conference. Appointments at the office will return once the Covid-19 has passed, shortly we hope!
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost – even over the phone or by video chat. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your investment, personal insurance or retirement matters. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.